Tuesday 7 January 2014

Four Weeks Since Publication!

I can hardly believe that it is now four weeks since 
my debut book 
FUTURE CONFRONTED 
was published.





The book has now gathered eight 5 STAR reviews. I am astounded by what people have had to say, and it has truly touched my heart. When I first set out to write Rob's story all those years ago I hadn't even given reviews a thought. Now I have eight after only four weeks of my book being for sale.

I never realised before how important getting reviews would be. It is a genuine way of letting the author know just what you think and how you feel about the book that you have just read. It also shows potential readers what to expect when they purchase book, or borrow it from a library. 

Now that the rush of Christmas and New Year is over, and the decorations have been taken down, I can resume my writing. I will be in the process of moving from my office in the house (Rob's old bedroom), and into the beautiful garden office that Dave bought me last October.

The Garden Office

It's going to take a little while as the office has yet to be insulated and have electricity connected. I am looking forward to being in the new office as it marks a new beginning for me. I finally feel that Rob's room can now be returned back to a bedroom. It is the biggest single step forward that I have been able to make. I think that finishing the book and getting it published has been the catalyst in that process.

There are many things that I am looking forward to this year. I am doing my research for my first Historical Fiction novel. It is a story that has been roaming around in my imagination for quite some time, and it is only now that I can really start to think about it. Some of the research I can do from books and the internet, but luckily some research will require me to travel to Venice and Florence in Italy. Oh yes! This I am looking forward to so much. It has been almost seven years since I was last there, so I am really excited. Not sure just when I'm going yet, only that I am going. 

I took this picture as the plane made its way to Marco Polo Airport
The Arno River looking towards the Ponte Vecchio in the distance
Notice the rather ornate lamp posts!




Venice looks absolutely gorgeous from the air. As you can see, it's not a very large place. Yes, you can get an idea of Venice in a day's visit, but truly you need to spend a few days to get a measure of its layout, of the people, of its history and architecture.






Florence is so different from Venice. It's like walking around in an open air museum. There are statues and fountains and all kinds of art whichever way you look. It is the place to go to let your imagination go wild! You can almost see yourself back in the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries. The beautiful statue of David by Michelangelo is a must-visit for any tourist. 






I will also be making a short visit to Edinburgh this Spring. I've never been to Scotland, and there are many places that I would like to see. Who knows, Scotland may even be making an appearance in my new book.

I am also a book reviewer on The Review Blog on Facebook. So please drop by and have a look. We are an extremely friendly bunch.










2 comments:

  1. I sincerely cannot wait for your new book to be released.Congratulations Louise on the 5 star reviews!

    ReplyDelete